Workplace helps ACES streamline the way they communicate with their employees
ACES is a top security company in New South Wales, Australia. They provide venue and event security at concerts and licensed venues, specialising in crowd management. Clients include the Sydney SuperDome, Eastern Creek Raceway, The Rocks Precinct, Sydney Olympic Park and Fox Studios.
ACES manage around 1,000 casual, part-time, full-time and contractor employees. They often work on dozens of events a week. Before they spoke to us, they were spending several days a week managing employee scheduling and timesheet management.
They needed a better way of managing their people and workload.
The existing system needed a full-time schedule manager to look after schedules. This person had to match employees with several hundred shifts and tell people when and where they’d be working. They were filling in paper timesheets at each venue and faxing them to head office for processing.
There were many challenges, including:
- Managing dozens of event and venue schedules
- Communicating and confirming hundreds of shifts a week
- Managing which employees need which license – first aid, security and others
- Task coding, job coding and managing all timesheets for each event and venue
ACES was spending too much time and money managing their workforce. They needed a product that would solve short-term problems and benefit them even more as they continued to grow. It had to allow them to:
- Create and adjust complex schedules in real-time
- Confirm shifts by SMS
- View and approve timesheets (for event and venue managers)
- Integrate a new system into the existing payroll system, including job codes and employee cost codes
Our SaaS workforce management product met the challenges and gave ACES extra benefits through the Internet, email and SMS.
Workplace allows them to:
- Automatically generate schedules for each venue and event
- Optimize schedules based on employee working conditions
- Make sure employees meet legal requirements and are qualified to work specific shifts
- Text and email employees with upcoming shifts, including job notes and uniform requirements
- Create web-based for each event, including task coding and other information
- Export timesheets for payroll and accounts processing
ACES have streamlined the way they communicate with their employees. They can now boast:
- Big reduction in management time spent creating weekly schedules
- Instant communication and confirmation of shifts to all employees
- Management of ACES and subcontractor employees
- 24/7 access of schedules and timesheets for venue and event managers
Start creating Smart SchedulesTM that drive revenue
It’s easy, take a Workplace product demo and find out how.